Please note that the course is completely an online course. You are required to independently study about the practical arrangements, instructions and evaluation procedures of the course. The course is targeted especially for those who have an interest in learning environment and educational technology, preferably with some previous experience. During the course, we are not going to study about the history of learning environments or the basics of educational technology. The course instructor assumes that the participants will possess some basic knowledge about the field.
There are two general discussion forums in the course:
2. The General Discussion: Q & A forum can be used by course participant for asking questions about the content and structure of the course. If you find, for example, that the given instructions for a particular learning activity are not clear, use the discussion forum to ask advice or instructions. Do not wait until the end of the course to ask clarifications!
Short summary of the course
Designing smart learning environments-course covers the basic topics of smart learning environments. It gives the student knowledge about the technology and pedagogy to model and design smart environment that is relevant for different contexts. In this course, we will explore recent technologies such as Blockchain, VR/AR/MR; instructional design models such as ADDIE, Toy box, Consistent metaphor, characteristics of smart learning environments, learning ecosystem, and feedback mechanisms in smart learning environments.
After the course, you are expected
- be aware of different technologies, pedagogy and themes related to the design of smart learning environments
- identify different design contexts, relevant issues, and developing appropriate research paradigm for solving the problems
- Using a modeling language such as UML to model different components and scenarios of smart learning environment
- designing appropriate evaluation mechanisms in smart learning environments
- produce a prototype smart learning environment
Solomon Sunday Oyelere is the course instructor. The responsibilities of Solomon include: setting up the course, planning and creating course content, organizing meetings and other teaching activities, evaluating learning activities and plans. You can contact Solomon by email, email@example.com.
Questions should be sent primarily via the discussion forums of the course, so that other students can also see the instructor's response to the question. In the case, that you feel the question is too private to be shared with others, please contact the course instructor via email or other means.
Dra-Ing. Regina Motz, Instituto de Computación, Facultad de Ingeniería, UdelaR
Inicio: 10 de febrero 2020, 10:00 hrs