Learning Activity 1

Learning Activity 1

de Maria Viola Deambrosis -
Número de respuestas: 0

Dear all,

I am María Viola and I am very pleased to share this course with all of you.

I am being living in Mallorca Spain since 2015.

I have a Computer Analyst degree from Facultad de Ingenieria- Udelar and and  a BSc. Applied Computer Science from Ryerson University -  Toronto.

I am currently writing a thesis on Ontologies applied to Inclusive Education under the supervision of Regina Motz.

I have worked on my profession for 25 years in a variety of projects, countries and with diverse professional profiles.  My expertise is in financial and banking industry, mainly working as a Project Manager and Director of Computer Centres.

For the last ten years, in parallel with my professional work,  I started to dabble into Inclusive education, and how CIT can help on this area.

I face a weird contradiction due to the fact that I am not too attach to the smart and virtual world despite of  having and loving my  computer science background and  being working in the computer field all my professional life.

The impact  of and dependency on  new technologies, smart-all and social networks in all aspects of human’s everyday life trap my attention even though

I expect to discover and learn about tools,  advantages, and side-effect of SLE in learning since smart technology came here to stay. I am interesting on seeing SLE real applications mainly in education.

Five reasons to learn about SLE:

1.      My exposure to SLE in education was minor since I came from traditional teaching education systems. New technologies, smart-all and social networks trapped my attention because of the impact of and dependence on all aspects of human’s everyday life.

2.      SLE may provide important tools and technics to minimize people exclusion and to promote learners to become autonomous

3.      It allows for the tailoring of learning objectives and content based on learner’s context, preferences and needs. It encourages the curiosity and research, and promotes collaborative learning options

4.      It is an important alternative for absentee and drop out since learners can access lectures at any time and from anywhere.

5.      Educators must update the way of teaching to meet the needs required in the 21st century. SLE could provide the tools and techniques necessary to achieve this goal.