Learning Activity 1 -

Learning Activity 1 -

de Reyna Karine Der Boghosian Gobalian -
Número de respuestas: 0

Hello Everyone,

Here are my answers for the questions for the activity one.

Regards,

Reyna

What is your educational background, the current status of your studies and the previous experience you have about learning environments?

My name is Reyna, I’ve graduated as a Computer Engineer at Engineer University in Uruguay. Actually I am studying a Magister in Computer Science, my thesis is related to improving the way of sharing open educational resources using a technology like Blockchain.

My motivation to complete the course is basically to improve my knowledge and have different visions about the importance of learning and how we can improve it using technologies among other methodologies like smart environments.  

In your own opinion, give at least 5 reasons why it is important to learn about smart learning environments? 

At the very beginning of my career I had experienced a tough and raw way of learning. I guess it could be due to the teachers I had along my formation, they don't have a background in teaching and in many cases they don't even get enough interested in teaching for university students, because they are motivated in their researchers jobs more than in teaching for grade students.

For me it is really important to learn about how we can motivate students all around the world, also to give access for those who can’t go to institutes for different reasons and give to them the possibility to access  smart environments. It is a good way to include them in the system.

Another important reason is to learn about different ways of how education should be in different scenarios and cultures. Is it possible nowadays to get only one global vision of what is the best way of teaching and applying a sort kind of methodologies that gives good results in students around the world? This is a good question because it is clear that we are still far away from access to education in an easy way and also the way of teaching is still really taught in some areas like science, maths, physics.  So learning how to improve through smart learning environments and solve these sorts of difficulties is a really way to start doing something new in this tech era.