Activity 1

Activity 1

de Sofia Garcia -
Número de respuestas: 0

Dear all,

My name is Sofía García Cabeza. From the age of 16 I had a vocational crisis. I loved sciences but also humanities. After taking a scientific baccalaureate I started studying communication because I wanted to be a journalist.

In the last year of the career, I discovered the educational communication and fell in love. I was a informatic teacher in elementary and secondary schools and education had always been a passion for me.

I started working in a company of continuing medical education. Year 2007. The virtual environment was a repository of files. Many doctors didn't even have emails. The exchange forums were manual, we compiled emails we received and sent them back to the list. Almost immediately Moodle arrived. I got to work in courses with more than 1500 doctors from all over Latin America. The greatest lessons learned during the 10 years I was there were: 1) interdisciplinary work, 2) continuous innovation and 3) documentation (research and publish).

During this period I completed my master's degree in technology-mediated educational processes, as well as various training in topics of ICT pedagogical use, quality management and project management.

Then I continued working in virtual education but oriented to teachers and professors, in Flacso, where I continue until today. For a year and a half I worked as a researcher at Fundación Ceibal on big data issues, and then I applied for the position that I now hold at UdelaR: ICT Articulator at the Faculty of Information and Communication.

I have had to work with many different learning environments: moodle, desire2learn, tailored based on wordpress, schoology. I am interested in this course and in learn more about smart environments because I consider that:

• Can break down barriers and promote educational inclusion.

• Are potentially tools for reduce student drop out in the educational process.

• Can favor a personalization of the teaching process.

• I am interested in knowing the real potentialities, beyond the hopes placed in the concept by the scientific community.

• Challenges me to always continue improving my own courses.

About best learning experiences (particularly in lifelong learning), I think they should mainly promote reflection and exchange with others, and above all they must be based on needs, anchored in professional practice.

I hope this course will be helpful!

Regards,

Sofia